National Coming Out Day

Today is National Coming Out Day.  I support all of those folks who have come out and all of those folks who haven't, for whatever reason.  Coming out as bi, gay, poly, trans, or anything else isn't easy.  Our society doesn't make it easy.  Being different is opening the door to being vilified and abused.  But we can change all that and that's why there's a National Coming Out Day.  It's easier to be different if you know you're not the only one.  Ironic, isn't it?

I try to be open and honest about who I am, but I still let that fear of being bullied and misunderstood control me.  Every year for the last 8 or more I've watched from the sidelines of Coming Out Day.  I've watched, but I haven't participated.  I've rationalized it because my close friends and family already know all my secrets, so why would I need to come out to anyone else?  But if I don't, how can I really think of myself as being truly open and honest about who I am?  I hate hypocrisy and this treads the line way too close for my own comfort.  So, this year, I'm not letting it pass me by.

I'm bi, poly, cis and I love to talk about sex.

For those of you who feel safe enough to come out, know that today (and most other days) you're not alone!

Oh, and if anyone has any questions about being bisexual or poly, feel free to ask!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spell Bound Review

Expert's Guide to Pegging review