Experiencing your sexuality

I just read an interesting article on Good Vibrations' blog about women actually experiencing their sexuality and making it a part of their daily lives and I agree with it wholeheartedly.  I also have to admit that I fail in doing so a lot more than I really want people to know.  I let society get to me more than I want to admit to myself, let alone everyone else.  I admire all these women who never seemed afraid to be out and proud as very sexual women like Mae West or Bettie Page, but I can't figure out how to be more like them.

I've spent a lot of time doing the "fake it till you make it" thing and most days I succeed in being who I want to be, at least as far as my sexuality goes.  For me, sexuality is a very important part daily life, intellectually at least.  The next step comes in connecting the intellectual to everything else.

I guess what it comes down to is that I still feel that there a lot of things about my own sexuality that I need to figure out and certain things about how society looks at sexuality that I need to get over.  Baby steps are probably not a bad idea.  Now I just need to figure out the first one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expert's Guide to Pegging review

Rape and the GOP

Spell Bound Review