Warning to Guys: Menstural Talk Ahead

This has been working for me.  In February I decided to try something new for my period, Softcups!  It's a disposable cup that you use for 12ish hours, depending on your flow, instead of a tampon or pad.  I gotta tell you that I love them.

You've got to be fairly comfortable with your body to use these and they're not going to work for everyone, but they work wonderfully for me!  I don't have to worry about my tampon failing me all of a sudden or deal with pads at night when I'm sleeping.  Just swap out the Softcup every 12 hrs and I'm good to go.  One of these days I might make the switch to the moon cups that are reusable, but for now I'm liking the idea of not having to wash it out or worry that I might forget I was sterilizing it and leave it on the stove too long, killing the cup and the pan it was in.  This happened to a friend of mine once.

The company's changed their logo and redesigned the Softcup so it's more comfortable to use, though I haven't tried the new design yet I've had very few problems with the old one, so I'm sure this will only be even better.  For the first time since I started getting my period, it doesn't feel like so much of a burden.  Some months I get some gnarly cramps, which are no kind of fun, but I don't have to dread dealing with tampons or wearing something that always feels more like a diaper than anything else.  You're supposed to be able to swim and have sex while using the Softcup with no problems, but I haven't tried either of those out yet.  When I do, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Until then, ladies, I still highly recommend giving these a try.  The really nice thing about them is that the company will send you a sample pack pretty cheap so you don't have to commit to a box just to see if they work! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expert's Guide to Pegging review

Spell Bound Review

Rape and the GOP